PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police in Rhode Island are looking for a group of teens they say robbed a man of his cellphone at knife-point, only to offer to return the phone later.
The Providence Journal reports that a 19-year-old man told police he was walking past a Providence restaurant on Monday night when four young men approached him.
One of them drew a knife and demanded the man’s cellphone.
The victim told officers that he handed over the phone and ran home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
But the group of young men followed him and offered to give him back the cellphone.
There was no detailed description of the suspects. Detectives are investigating.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com