NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — A 15-year-old Connecticut boy is facing charges for allegedly punching a driver involved in a collision with his friend while they were out riding bikes.
New Haven police say the 32-year-old man was driving in the city at about 8 p.m. Tuesday when he was involved in a collision with a 15-year-old cyclist. The driver remained at the scene.
Police say while paramedics were attending to the injured boy, the suspect started arguing with the driver and then reached through the open window to punch him. The teen was apprehended by police and charged with assault and breach of peace.
Investigators reviewed surveillance video and found that the driver was not at fault.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
- Justice Department is reviewing role of fake Trump electors, top official says
The driver and the injured boy were treated at the hospital.