KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) — Police reports say a southwestern Michigan teen panicked when his gun went off and struck a friend in the chest, then the 17-year-old fatally shot himself.
The Kalamazoo Gazette, which obtained the reports through a records request, reported Monday (http://bit.ly/2cwCJjj ) a witness told police that Marsavious Frazier was showing Daquarion Hunter a gun and playing with it Sept. 5 when it discharged in a Kalamazoo alley. Reports say the witness, friend Armonte Tolbert, told police that Hunter fell, prompting Frazier to run, then shoot himself.
The 17-year-olds were pronounced dead about 30 yards apart. A .32-caliber revolver was in Frazier’s hand.
Tolbert, who held Hunter after the shooting, says the teens “had no beef with each other.” He said he’d known Frazier to make suicidal comments in the past.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- His siblings were killed when the Hart family's van went off a cliff. He had been left in foster care.
- Ring camera installed in a children's room for 'peace of mind' is hacked, 8-year-old daughter harassed
- Supreme Court decision, possible today, may set up historic showdown on Trump's finances
- Trump Impeachment Advances as Historic Vote Sends Case to House WATCH
- House set for historic floor vote next week after panel passes two articles of impeachment against Trump
Information from: Kalamazoo Gazette, http://www.mlive.com/kalamazoo