PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Rhode Island police have arrested a 17-year-old who they say fell asleep behind the wheel of a stolen BMW.
The Providence Journal reports officers were called to the scene in Providence around 1 a.m. Sunday for a report of an unconscious person behind the wheel of a running vehicle.
The teen was taken to police headquarters after informing paramedics that he was OK.
Commander Thomas Verdi says the teen has been charged with possession of a stolen vehicle. He has been remanded to the Rhode Island Training School.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
Verdi says the teen didn’t have a driver’s license or a learners permit.
The teen’s name has not been released due to his age.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com