PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Rhode Island police have arrested a 17-year-old who they say fell asleep behind the wheel of a stolen BMW.
The Providence Journal reports officers were called to the scene in Providence around 1 a.m. Sunday for a report of an unconscious person behind the wheel of a running vehicle.
The teen was taken to police headquarters after informing paramedics that he was OK.
Commander Thomas Verdi says the teen has been charged with possession of a stolen vehicle. He has been remanded to the Rhode Island Training School.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
Verdi says the teen didn’t have a driver’s license or a learners permit.
The teen’s name has not been released due to his age.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com