PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Rhode Island police have arrested a 17-year-old who they say fell asleep behind the wheel of a stolen BMW.
The Providence Journal reports officers were called to the scene in Providence around 1 a.m. Sunday for a report of an unconscious person behind the wheel of a running vehicle.
The teen was taken to police headquarters after informing paramedics that he was OK.
Commander Thomas Verdi says the teen has been charged with possession of a stolen vehicle. He has been remanded to the Rhode Island Training School.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Verdi says the teen didn’t have a driver’s license or a learners permit.
The teen’s name has not been released due to his age.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com