OZARK, Ala. (AP) — Police say a 19-year-old has been charged with capital murder in the death of a 2-month-old child in southeastern Alabama.
News media reports that Jaylin Jamal Toles was arrested after Dale County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call about an unresponsive child about 1:40 a.m. Saturday. The child was taken to Dale Medical Center, where the child was pronounced dead.
Ozark Police say Toles was charged due to the evidence and witness statements.
The child’s body will be sent to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for further investigation. Police have not released information about the relationship between the child and the suspect.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Taco Bell loses $42 million Chihuahua ruling
- If you think the political divide is worse than ever, you may be right
- No private jets, no big house: Jimmy Carter an outlier among ex-presidents VIEW
- Asia Argento, who accused Harvey Weinstein, made deal with her own accuser
- British Columbia declares state of emergency over wildfires