OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Omaha police say they’ve arrested a 32-year-old man suspected of driving drunk with five children in his vehicle after one of the kids called 911.
Omaha television station KETV reports that a 14-year-old boy — the driver’s nephew — inside the car called 911 around noon Sunday. Police say when officers stopped the vehicle, they found the children — ranging in age from 12 to 15 — crying and the driver showing clear signs of intoxication.
Police say a breath test showed the driver’s blood alcohol content at nearly .30 — nearly four times the legal limit to drive.
The driver has been charged with DUI, five counts of child neglect and not having a driver’s license or registration.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
This story has been corrected to show that five children were in the vehicle, not four.
Information from: KETV-TV, http://www.ketv.com