OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Omaha police say they’ve arrested a 32-year-old man suspected of driving drunk with five children in his vehicle after one of the kids called 911.
Omaha television station KETV reports that a 14-year-old boy — the driver’s nephew — inside the car called 911 around noon Sunday. Police say when officers stopped the vehicle, they found the children — ranging in age from 12 to 15 — crying and the driver showing clear signs of intoxication.
Police say a breath test showed the driver’s blood alcohol content at nearly .30 — nearly four times the legal limit to drive.
The driver has been charged with DUI, five counts of child neglect and not having a driver’s license or registration.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
This story has been corrected to show that five children were in the vehicle, not four.
Information from: KETV-TV, http://www.ketv.com