OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Omaha police say they’ve arrested a 32-year-old man suspected of driving drunk with five children in his vehicle after one of the kids called 911.
Omaha television station KETV reports that a 14-year-old boy — the driver’s nephew — inside the car called 911 around noon Sunday. Police say when officers stopped the vehicle, they found the children — ranging in age from 12 to 15 — crying and the driver showing clear signs of intoxication.
Police say a breath test showed the driver’s blood alcohol content at nearly .30 — nearly four times the legal limit to drive.
The driver has been charged with DUI, five counts of child neglect and not having a driver’s license or registration.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
This story has been corrected to show that five children were in the vehicle, not four.
Information from: KETV-TV, http://www.ketv.com