OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Omaha police say they’ve arrested a 32-year-old man suspected of driving drunk with five children in his vehicle after one of the kids called 911.
Omaha television station KETV reports that a 14-year-old boy — the driver’s nephew — inside the car called 911 around noon Sunday. Police say when officers stopped the vehicle, they found the children — ranging in age from 12 to 15 — crying and the driver showing clear signs of intoxication.
Police say a breath test showed the driver’s blood alcohol content at nearly .30 — nearly four times the legal limit to drive.
The driver has been charged with DUI, five counts of child neglect and not having a driver’s license or registration.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
This story has been corrected to show that five children were in the vehicle, not four.
Information from: KETV-TV, http://www.ketv.com