ROCKFORD, Ill. (AP) — Authorities in Illinois say a woman found dead in her Rockford home was likely beaten to death by her ex-boyfriend, who later died in a Wisconsin car crash.
The body of Destiny Tolodxi was found April 20 in a bedroom of her home. Winnebago County sheriff’s officials said Thursday they believe her former boyfriend, 30-year-old Elmer G. Aguilar of Rockford, beat her to death. The two broke up two days earlier.
An auto belonging to the 24-year-old Tolodxi crashed on Interstate 94 in Wisconsin’s Racine County the same morning her body was found. The car struck an excavator and burst into flames.
The driver of the car, believed to be Aguilar, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
Tolodxi’s cause of death was listed as blunt-force trauma to her head and face.
Information from: Rockford Register Star, http://www.rrstar.com