IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say an eastern Idaho man pursued by police following a fatal shooting at a trailer park killed himself after being surrounded by law enforcement officers.
Police say 20-year-old Pedro Zamora died between 6 and 7 p.m. Tuesday following a five-hour standoff with authorities.
Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sgt. Bryan Lovell says deputies responded at about 1:30 p.m. to reports of a shooting at a trailer park west of Idaho Falls.
Authorities say Zamora was identified as the shooter and police located him and his vehicle about half a mile away and armed with a shotgun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
The name of the person killed at the trailer park hasn’t been released.