SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a suspect has been arrested in the murder of a Scottsdale woman more than three years ago.
Scottsdale police say 42-year-old Ian Mitcham was taken into custody Tuesday in Phoenix on suspicion of first-degree murder and DNA evidence allegedly linked him to the case.
Police say 31-year-old Allison Feldman was found dead in her Scottsdale home in February 2015.
Feldman died of head trauma and court documents show she was found nude and her body smelled of bleach.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At Pentagon, fears grow that Trump will pull military into election unrest
- Despite Trump attacks, both parties vow orderly election WATCH
- Massive genetic study shows coronavirus mutating and potentially evolving amid rapid U.S. spread
- Trump expected to announce conservative Barrett for court VIEW
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
There was no sign of forced entry into her home, but police believe Feldman’s attacker suffered hand cuts.
Police say detectives were able to link Mitcham last week using familial testing, which takes DNA evidence and compares it to genetically-similar samples.
It was unclear Tuesday if Mitcham has a lawyer.