COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Police in Colorado say a stuffed toy helped save a 5-year-old girl’s life after she fell out of a third-story apartment window.
The girl broke her arm, but Colorado Springs police say she held on to the toy and it cushioned her fall Thursday night.
Police said the girl was playing in her room when she fell backward out her bedroom window. She dropped about three stories to the ground.
The girl was treated and released, and authorities ruled the fall accidental.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- Plan would return beachfront taken from Black family in '20s
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Woman gets pregnant while already pregnant, gives birth to twins conceived 3 weeks apart
The toy was a Minion, small, yellow creatures popularized by the animated film “Despicable Me.”