COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Police in Colorado say a stuffed toy helped save a 5-year-old girl’s life after she fell out of a third-story apartment window.
The girl broke her arm, but Colorado Springs police say she held on to the toy and it cushioned her fall Thursday night.
Police said the girl was playing in her room when she fell backward out her bedroom window. She dropped about three stories to the ground.
The girl was treated and released, and authorities ruled the fall accidental.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- That Mysterious Monolith in the Utah Desert? It’s Gone, Officials Say
- For Trump, 20 days of fantasy and failure
- Trump administration moves ahead on gutting bird protections
The toy was a Minion, small, yellow creatures popularized by the animated film “Despicable Me.”