CALDWELL, Idaho (AP) — A southwestern Idaho woman authorities say tried to hire someone to kill her husband has been charged with felony criminal solicitation to commit murder.
Twenty-three-year-old Tiffany Knapp was charged last week in 3rd District Court. She’s also charged with a felony probation violation and violating a no-contact order.
Caldwell police say Knapp conspired with someone to have her husband killed, but that person told Knapp’s husband, who alerted police.
Police say she wanted her husband dead so she could get sole custody of the children.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
Knapp is being held in the Canyon County Jail on $1 million bond. She has a preliminary hearing set for Jan. 19.
The Canyon County Public Defender’s Office says they will be defending Knapp, but hasn’t yet assigned an attorney to her case.