CALDWELL, Idaho (AP) — A southwestern Idaho woman authorities say tried to hire someone to kill her husband has been charged with felony criminal solicitation to commit murder.
Twenty-three-year-old Tiffany Knapp was charged last week in 3rd District Court. She’s also charged with a felony probation violation and violating a no-contact order.
Caldwell police say Knapp conspired with someone to have her husband killed, but that person told Knapp’s husband, who alerted police.
Police say she wanted her husband dead so she could get sole custody of the children.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Knapp is being held in the Canyon County Jail on $1 million bond. She has a preliminary hearing set for Jan. 19.
The Canyon County Public Defender’s Office says they will be defending Knapp, but hasn’t yet assigned an attorney to her case.