CALDWELL, Idaho (AP) — A southwestern Idaho woman authorities say tried to hire someone to kill her husband has been charged with felony criminal solicitation to commit murder.
Twenty-three-year-old Tiffany Knapp was charged last week in 3rd District Court. She’s also charged with a felony probation violation and violating a no-contact order.
Caldwell police say Knapp conspired with someone to have her husband killed, but that person told Knapp’s husband, who alerted police.
Police say she wanted her husband dead so she could get sole custody of the children.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Archaeologists discover 'massive' ancient building in Egypt VIEW
- Mormon women’s group aims call for probe of Kavanaugh allegations at LDS senators
Knapp is being held in the Canyon County Jail on $1 million bond. She has a preliminary hearing set for Jan. 19.
The Canyon County Public Defender’s Office says they will be defending Knapp, but hasn’t yet assigned an attorney to her case.