PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police in Rhode Island say a woman who had been dead for about 24 hours was found in her home by her adult children.
Providence police Maj. David Lapatin says police are seeking a man considered a “person of interest” in the death of the 44-year-old woman found Friday evening. The victim’s death is being investigated as a homicide.
Lapatin says the woman’s daughter reported her missing two hours before her body was found.
Police and the family had searched the house and area but didn’t find her. The family later found the woman’s concealed body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
The woman’s cause of death wasn’t immediately known Saturday. She has not been identified.