PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police in Rhode Island say a woman who had been dead for about 24 hours was found in her home by her adult children.
Providence police Maj. David Lapatin says police are seeking a man considered a “person of interest” in the death of the 44-year-old woman found Friday evening. The victim’s death is being investigated as a homicide.
Lapatin says the woman’s daughter reported her missing two hours before her body was found.
Police and the family had searched the house and area but didn’t find her. The family later found the woman’s concealed body.
Most Read Stories
- Washington state lawmakers make speedy move to shield their records from the public
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Report: Washington state home to one of the largest cells of notorious white supremacist group WATCH
- KFC scrambles its name as it issues a 3-letter apology for its U.K. chicken crisis
- With former Husky Marcus Peters traded to the Rams, why were the Seahawks reportedly not interested?
The woman’s cause of death wasn’t immediately known Saturday. She has not been identified.