PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police in Rhode Island say a woman who had been dead for about 24 hours was found in her home by her adult children.
Providence police Maj. David Lapatin says police are seeking a man considered a “person of interest” in the death of the 44-year-old woman found Friday evening. The victim’s death is being investigated as a homicide.
Lapatin says the woman’s daughter reported her missing two hours before her body was found.
Police and the family had searched the house and area but didn’t find her. The family later found the woman’s concealed body.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’ | National politics
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
The woman’s cause of death wasn’t immediately known Saturday. She has not been identified.