PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police in Rhode Island say a woman who had been dead for about 24 hours was found in her home by her adult children.
Providence police Maj. David Lapatin says police are seeking a man considered a “person of interest” in the death of the 44-year-old woman found Friday evening. The victim’s death is being investigated as a homicide.
Lapatin says the woman’s daughter reported her missing two hours before her body was found.
Police and the family had searched the house and area but didn’t find her. The family later found the woman’s concealed body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'Are you dead, sir?': Video shows ER doctor mocking patient who said he couldn't breathe WATCH
- 'Unfair and unconstitutional': Outrage over detained migrant children intensifies
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- More outbreaks of foodborne illnesses: Here’s what you need to know
- Trump administration pulls US out of UN human rights council
The woman’s cause of death wasn’t immediately known Saturday. She has not been identified.