WATERTOWN, N.Y. (AP) — State police are warning motorists about credit card skimming devices that were found on gas pumps in upstate New York.
WSTM-TV reports two devices were discovered Sunday morning at Mercer’s gas station on state Route 232 in Watertown. Gas station employees removed the machines and immediately called police.
Police believe the machines were installed sometime after Friday afternoon. Authorities are encouraging motorists who bought gas from the station between Friday and Sunday to check their card statements.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
Information from: WSTM-TV, http://www.wstm.com