SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a Salem police officer or officers shot and wounded someone they described as a suspect.
The Salem Police Department said in an email Thursday evening that police were on the scene of the shooting on the 5500 block of State Street.
Police say one person was shot and taken to a hospital for treatment.
Police say the person’s condition was unknown.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In reversal, Trump orders halt to his family separation rule WATCH
- More outbreaks of foodborne illnesses: Here’s what you need to know
- Trump to propose reorganizing the government, targeting safety net programs
- Iran lists demands for improving relations with US
- Maddow breaks down reading AP story on 'tender age' shelters
Police say no officers were injured.
No further information immediately was released.