SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a Salem police officer or officers shot and wounded someone they described as a suspect.
The Salem Police Department said in an email Thursday evening that police were on the scene of the shooting on the 5500 block of State Street.
Police say one person was shot and taken to a hospital for treatment.
Police say the person’s condition was unknown.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of world's plastic is not recycled
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- Flynn sentencing abruptly postponed to allow for cooperation
- 'Republicans will never stop': Obama rips GOP after Affordable Care Act is ruled unconstitutional
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
Police say no officers were injured.
No further information immediately was released.