SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a Salem police officer or officers shot and wounded someone they described as a suspect.
The Salem Police Department said in an email Thursday evening that police were on the scene of the shooting on the 5500 block of State Street.
Police say one person was shot and taken to a hospital for treatment.
Police say the person’s condition was unknown.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Police say no officers were injured.
No further information immediately was released.