SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a Salem police officer or officers shot and wounded someone they described as a suspect.
The Salem Police Department said in an email Thursday evening that police were on the scene of the shooting on the 5500 block of State Street.
Police say one person was shot and taken to a hospital for treatment.
Police say the person’s condition was unknown.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Teen shoots girl in Maryland school, killed in confrontation VIEW
- Package bound for Austin explodes at Texas FedEx facility; second package recovered
- Austin bombing suspect blows himself up as SWAT moves in VIEW
- Ex-Playboy model sues to break silence on Trump
- White House celebrates birthday as Barron Trump turns 12
Police say no officers were injured.
No further information immediately was released.