MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut police have seized 70 pounds (1,120 ounces) of marijuana with an estimated value of $300,000 during a drug bust.
Authorities say a narcotics task force learned about a large-scale marijuana operation in January and traced it to a Manchester apartment.
Police obtained a search warrant for the apartment, which led to the drug discovery along with cash and other items showing “drug activity.”
Authorities have arrested a 24-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman on related drug charges. Police say the two would regularly travel to California, purchase marijuana and ship it back to Connecticut for distribution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'