MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut police have seized 70 pounds (1,120 ounces) of marijuana with an estimated value of $300,000 during a drug bust.
Authorities say a narcotics task force learned about a large-scale marijuana operation in January and traced it to a Manchester apartment.
Police obtained a search warrant for the apartment, which led to the drug discovery along with cash and other items showing “drug activity.”
Authorities have arrested a 24-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman on related drug charges. Police say the two would regularly travel to California, purchase marijuana and ship it back to Connecticut for distribution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports