MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut police have seized 70 pounds (1,120 ounces) of marijuana with an estimated value of $300,000 during a drug bust.
Authorities say a narcotics task force learned about a large-scale marijuana operation in January and traced it to a Manchester apartment.
Police obtained a search warrant for the apartment, which led to the drug discovery along with cash and other items showing “drug activity.”
Authorities have arrested a 24-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman on related drug charges. Police say the two would regularly travel to California, purchase marijuana and ship it back to Connecticut for distribution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers