WESTFIELD, Mass. (AP) — Police are seeking help in identifying a man they say used counterfeit money at a western Massachusetts Walmart store.
Westfield police on Monday said the suspect used between $500 and $1,000 worth of fake $50 bills at the store last month to purchase items that could easily be resold.
Police released several surveillance images on Facebook of a suspect with a short beard, gray winter hat, brown coat and black hooded sweatshirt . Police also released an image of his car.
Anyone who recognizes the suspect is asked to contact police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW