PITTSFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts police department is trying to find the person who abandoned two five-week old puppies at a public park.
The puppies were discovered running loose in Pittsfield’s Clapp Park on Saturday. A passer-by took them to a veterinarian before they were turned over to an animal shelter.
The Berkshire Eagle reports that the dogs appear to be in good health.
Krista Wroldson Miller, chairwoman of the shelter’s board, urged people to bring unwanted pets to a shelter or humane society instead of abandoning them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy
Pittsfield police continue to investigate.
Information from: The Berkshire (Mass.) Eagle, http://www.berkshireeagle.com