PITTSFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts police department is trying to find the person who abandoned two five-week old puppies at a public park.
The puppies were discovered running loose in Pittsfield’s Clapp Park on Saturday. A passer-by took them to a veterinarian before they were turned over to an animal shelter.
The Berkshire Eagle reports that the dogs appear to be in good health.
Krista Wroldson Miller, chairwoman of the shelter’s board, urged people to bring unwanted pets to a shelter or humane society instead of abandoning them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
Pittsfield police continue to investigate.
Information from: The Berkshire (Mass.) Eagle, http://www.berkshireeagle.com