PITTSFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts police department is trying to find the person who abandoned two five-week old puppies at a public park.
The puppies were discovered running loose in Pittsfield’s Clapp Park on Saturday. A passer-by took them to a veterinarian before they were turned over to an animal shelter.
The Berkshire Eagle reports that the dogs appear to be in good health.
Krista Wroldson Miller, chairwoman of the shelter’s board, urged people to bring unwanted pets to a shelter or humane society instead of abandoning them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- A dam in Syria was on a ‘no-strike’ list. The U.S. bombed it anyway
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
Pittsfield police continue to investigate.
Information from: The Berkshire (Mass.) Eagle, http://www.berkshireeagle.com