PITTSFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts police department is trying to find the person who abandoned two five-week old puppies at a public park.
The puppies were discovered running loose in Pittsfield’s Clapp Park on Saturday. A passer-by took them to a veterinarian before they were turned over to an animal shelter.
The Berkshire Eagle reports that the dogs appear to be in good health.
Krista Wroldson Miller, chairwoman of the shelter’s board, urged people to bring unwanted pets to a shelter or humane society instead of abandoning them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Morning coffee results in $1,000 fine, expulsion from Venice
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- An American woman and her boyfriend were exploring Canada. They were found dead on a highway.
- Nobel laureate from Iraq told Trump that ISIS killed her family. 'Where are they now?' he asked.
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land
Pittsfield police continue to investigate.
Information from: The Berkshire (Mass.) Eagle, http://www.berkshireeagle.com