PITTSFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts police department is trying to find the person who abandoned two five-week old puppies at a public park.
The puppies were discovered running loose in Pittsfield’s Clapp Park on Saturday. A passer-by took them to a veterinarian before they were turned over to an animal shelter.
The Berkshire Eagle reports that the dogs appear to be in good health.
Krista Wroldson Miller, chairwoman of the shelter’s board, urged people to bring unwanted pets to a shelter or humane society instead of abandoning them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
Pittsfield police continue to investigate.
Information from: The Berkshire (Mass.) Eagle, http://www.berkshireeagle.com