NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A little girl wandered from the scene of a fire in 1984 only to disappear.
NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune reports New Orleans police have revived efforts to find Remona Brown, with the public’s help. Police on Wednesday released composite images of Brown, who would now be 37, seeking tips.
Brown disappeared from her home in the Algiers neighborhood of Louisiana 34 years ago. The newspaper reports two young boys died in the blaze, but seven other children survived. Brown’s older sister told investigators at the time that the then-3-year-old wandered away while the siblings were huddled outside.
She said a man and woman in a bronze or brown-colored vehicle stopped at the scene and asked if the children needed help, before speeding off with Brown.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
She hasn’t been heard from since.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com