NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A little girl wandered from the scene of a fire in 1984 only to disappear.
NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune reports New Orleans police have revived efforts to find Remona Brown, with the public’s help. Police on Wednesday released composite images of Brown, who would now be 37, seeking tips.
Brown disappeared from her home in the Algiers neighborhood of Louisiana 34 years ago. The newspaper reports two young boys died in the blaze, but seven other children survived. Brown’s older sister told investigators at the time that the then-3-year-old wandered away while the siblings were huddled outside.
She said a man and woman in a bronze or brown-colored vehicle stopped at the scene and asked if the children needed help, before speeding off with Brown.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
She hasn’t been heard from since.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com