NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A little girl wandered from the scene of a fire in 1984 only to disappear.
NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune reports New Orleans police have revived efforts to find Remona Brown, with the public’s help. Police on Wednesday released composite images of Brown, who would now be 37, seeking tips.
Brown disappeared from her home in the Algiers neighborhood of Louisiana 34 years ago. The newspaper reports two young boys died in the blaze, but seven other children survived. Brown’s older sister told investigators at the time that the then-3-year-old wandered away while the siblings were huddled outside.
She said a man and woman in a bronze or brown-colored vehicle stopped at the scene and asked if the children needed help, before speeding off with Brown.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
She hasn’t been heard from since.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com