SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Police are seeking clues to the whereabouts of the corpse of a 25-year-old woman stolen from a casket after her funeral at a San Antonio chapel last week.
Mission Park Funeral Chapel North is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to those who took Julie Mott’s body sometime between her Aug. 15 funeral and the next day, when her corpse was discovered to be missing.
Police Sgt. Javier Salazar says investigators believe the body was taken between the end of the funeral at 1:30 p.m. and when the mortuary was locked up at 4:30 p.m.
Mortuary owner Robert Tips, who says the Motts are close friends of his, says the woman died Aug. 8 of cystic fibrosis and that Mott’s family had planned to have her body cremated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A mysterious, devastating brain disorder afflicts dozens in one Canadian province
- GOP dumps defiant Trump critic Cheney from top House post
- New drugs could help treat obesity. Could they end the stigma, too?
- One of the world’s longest-running experiments sends up sprouts
- What is happening in Jerusalem and Gaza?