NEW YORK (AP) — Police are looking for a man wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat and shirt who pushed another man onto New York City subway tracks while shouting anti-Hispanic slurs at him.
The assault happened Friday evening at Manhattan’s Union Square subway station. Police say the attacker — a heavyset black man wearing items with President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan on them — directed anti-Hispanic slurs at the victim while both men were on a train.
They say he then followed the victim off the train, punched him in the head and pushed him onto the tracks.
The victim was helped back onto the platform by a friend and another person. He was treated for a cut to his head at a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine