HOMEWOOD, Ala. (AP) — Police say a security guard has been charged in connection with an early-morning shooting outside a Walmart in Alabama.
AL.com reports that 34-year-old Anthony Lamont Winston was charged with attempted murder. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
The shooting happened about 1 a.m. Tuesday.
Homewood police Sgt. John Carr says the contract security guard got into an altercation with another man and ended up shooting him in the upper torso. The victim was taken to the hospital, treated and released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Acting defense secretary bows out of running to be confirmed as Pentagon chief
- Citing family strife, Shanahan withdraws as Pentagon nominee
- Trump could have tough time meeting his deportation threat
- Acting Pentagon chief, a former Seattle resident, addresses violent domestic incidents as nomination is withdrawn
- Scientists take a peek behind those sad puppy dog eyes
Police say the security guard was not trying to prevent a crime at the time of the shooting.
It’s unclear if Winston has a lawyer.