MIDDLETOWN, Conn. (AP) — Police say the search for a 7-month-old boy in the Connecticut River is now a recovery operation.
The baby, Aaden Moreno, was reported missing Sunday night when his father, 22-year-old Tony Moreno, jumped from a bridge into the river. The search extended into Monday as police spoke with family members and visited homes where they believed Moreno may have taken the child.
Police say Moreno called a family member late Sunday, saying he would jump from the Arrigoni Bridge. That person contacted police and said a baby could be heard in the background.
Moreno was pulled from the water by firefighters and is hospitalized in stable condition. Police say charges are expected.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- For Trump, 20 days of fantasy and failure
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- That Mysterious Monolith in the Utah Desert? It’s Gone, Officials Say
- Biden chooses an all-female senior White House press team