MIDDLETOWN, Conn. (AP) — Police say the search for a 7-month-old boy in the Connecticut River is now a recovery operation.
The baby, Aaden Moreno, was reported missing Sunday night when his father, 22-year-old Tony Moreno, jumped from a bridge into the river. The search extended into Monday as police spoke with family members and visited homes where they believed Moreno may have taken the child.
Police say Moreno called a family member late Sunday, saying he would jump from the Arrigoni Bridge. That person contacted police and said a baby could be heard in the background.
Moreno was pulled from the water by firefighters and is hospitalized in stable condition. Police say charges are expected.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- Walgreens not following U.S. guidance on Pfizer vaccine spacing
- Why rashes that follow COVID vaccines could be a 'good thing'
- How could police have mistaken a gun for a Taser in Daunte Wright's death?
- Americans may be able to travel to Europe again this summer. Their hosts may not be vaccinated.