MIAMI (AP) — Police are searching for a driver who fatally struck a father and son on a Miami expressway and then fled the scene.
The Miami Herald reports that the crash occurred Friday morning on State Route 836.
Florida Highway Patrol reports that 34-year-old Cesar Eduardo Cepeda had crashed his pickup truck into a guardrail and then called his father for help. Troopers say 57-year-old Jose Eduardo Cepeda Luna drove to the area. The two men were standing by their vehicles when authorities say a Chevrolet Camaro hit them and then drove off.
FHP says both men were pronounced dead, and the Camaro was found abandoned near Homestead later Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Investigators were searching for the Camaro’s driver.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com