MIAMI (AP) — Police are searching for a driver who fatally struck a father and son on a Miami expressway and then fled the scene.
The Miami Herald reports that the crash occurred Friday morning on State Route 836.
Florida Highway Patrol reports that 34-year-old Cesar Eduardo Cepeda had crashed his pickup truck into a guardrail and then called his father for help. Troopers say 57-year-old Jose Eduardo Cepeda Luna drove to the area. The two men were standing by their vehicles when authorities say a Chevrolet Camaro hit them and then drove off.
FHP says both men were pronounced dead, and the Camaro was found abandoned near Homestead later Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
Investigators were searching for the Camaro’s driver.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com