MIAMI (AP) — Police are searching for a driver who fatally struck a father and son on a Miami expressway and then fled the scene.
The Miami Herald reports that the crash occurred Friday morning on State Route 836.
Florida Highway Patrol reports that 34-year-old Cesar Eduardo Cepeda had crashed his pickup truck into a guardrail and then called his father for help. Troopers say 57-year-old Jose Eduardo Cepeda Luna drove to the area. The two men were standing by their vehicles when authorities say a Chevrolet Camaro hit them and then drove off.
FHP says both men were pronounced dead, and the Camaro was found abandoned near Homestead later Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
Investigators were searching for the Camaro’s driver.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com