MIAMI (AP) — Police are searching for a driver who fatally struck a father and son on a Miami expressway and then fled the scene.
The Miami Herald reports that the crash occurred Friday morning on State Route 836.
Florida Highway Patrol reports that 34-year-old Cesar Eduardo Cepeda had crashed his pickup truck into a guardrail and then called his father for help. Troopers say 57-year-old Jose Eduardo Cepeda Luna drove to the area. The two men were standing by their vehicles when authorities say a Chevrolet Camaro hit them and then drove off.
FHP says both men were pronounced dead, and the Camaro was found abandoned near Homestead later Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Investigators were searching for the Camaro’s driver.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com