AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio say a city school board member overdosed on fentanyl.
The Akron Beacon Journal reported Friday that police responded to a call about a man in a parking lot Thursday night when they discovered John Otterman unconscious in a car. Authorities say police found marijuana and a white substance that tested positive for fentanyl in the possession of the 57-year-old Akron Public Schools board member.
First responders administered naloxone to Otterman and transported him to a hospital.
Police say Otterman told them the drugs were his.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Trump says summit with Putin was 'even better' than NATO meeting; Republicans criticize his Helsinki comments
Court records show Otterman is charged with a misdemeanor drug abuse marijuana charge. He wasn’t charged for possessing fentanyl. Under Ohio’s Good Samaritan Law, people who overdose up to two times are offered immunity.
Otterman remained hospitalized and wasn’t available for comment.
Information from: Akron Beacon Journal, http://www.ohio.com