SHOREHAM, N.Y. (AP) — Police say a worker has died after he became trapped under rubble during the installation of a cesspool on Long Island.
Suffolk County police say a crew was installing a cesspool at a home in Shoreham when the ground gave way at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
Police say 60-year-old Kurt Peiscopgrau became trapped underground. His body was recovered several hours later.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been notified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Idaho wildlife official resigns after killing baboon family
- Interrogation gone wrong, rogue killers: What happened to Saudi journalist?