WINCHESTER, Okla. (AP) — Authorities in eastern Oklahoma say a woman is dead and her cousin is in custody in eastern Oklahoma.
A news release from the Okmulgee County Sheriff’s office says the woman was found dead Tuesday night in a home in Winchester.
The release says the 21-yeyar-old woman was found by deputies investigating a reported shooting, but her suspected cause of death and her name have not been released.
A 24-year-old cousin of the woman was later arrested on a murder warrant and is being held in the Okmulgee County jail pending formal charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground