SAN DIEGO (AP) — San Diego police say they arrested a woman described as weighing about 400 pounds with a beard in the stabbing of a man who asked for a cigarette.
Police late Thursday night arrested the woman they say stabbed the man in the neck on Wednesday.
Police Officer Robert Heims tells the San Diego Union-Tribune (http://bit.ly/1ItgJ8E) that the 39-year-old man had walked up to a woman and a group of others and asked them for a cigarette in the city’s East Village.
They say the woman then told the man to get away from her things before stabbing him and running away. They say the heavyset woman with facial hair was wearing a white shirt and jeans.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Largest US quake in half-century causes Alaska little damage
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- MacKenzie Scott, French Gates join to award $40M for gender equality efforts in U.S.
- Tucker Carlson falsely claims Anthony Fauci 'created' COVID-19
The man was hospitalized, but he is expected to survive.
Information from: The San Diego Union-Tribune, http://www.utsandiego.com