SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) — Police say a worker has died in a northwestern Iowa transportation hub accident.
The Sioux City Journal reports that the incident happened shortly before noon Wednesday at the Big Soo Terminal in Sioux City.
Police Lieutenant Mark Kirkpatrick says a worker was crushed as he attempted to move train cars and that the death is being treated as an accident.
Kirkpatrick says officers were still investigating the incident Wednesday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
The name of the worker killed has not been released.
Information from: Sioux City Journal, http://www.siouxcityjournal.com