SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) — Police say a worker has died in a northwestern Iowa transportation hub accident.
The Sioux City Journal reports that the incident happened shortly before noon Wednesday at the Big Soo Terminal in Sioux City.
Police Lieutenant Mark Kirkpatrick says a worker was crushed as he attempted to move train cars and that the death is being treated as an accident.
Kirkpatrick says officers were still investigating the incident Wednesday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
The name of the worker killed has not been released.
Information from: Sioux City Journal, http://www.siouxcityjournal.com