WISNER, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a northeast Nebraska resident has reported that he shot an intruder.
Officers were sent to a house in Wisner around 6:50 a.m. Thursday on a report that someone was trying to break into the locked home. They found a wounded man lying on a floor inside and a resident armed with a handgun that had been fired.
The man was taken to an Omaha hospital. He’s expected to survive his wound.
Authorities haven’t released any names. The shooting is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump indicted; expected to surrender early next week WATCH
- Trump is indicted in N.Y. Here's what it means and what happens next.
- FBI documents give new view into Las Vegas shooter's mindset
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- One key player did not cooperate with prosecutors: Trump’s financial gatekeeper