WISNER, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a northeast Nebraska resident has reported that he shot an intruder.
Officers were sent to a house in Wisner around 6:50 a.m. Thursday on a report that someone was trying to break into the locked home. They found a wounded man lying on a floor inside and a resident armed with a handgun that had been fired.
The man was taken to an Omaha hospital. He’s expected to survive his wound.
Authorities haven’t released any names. The shooting is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't