MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (AP) — Police say a 46-year-old man has died in southwest Ohio after he was knocked backward off a bar’s stage.
Middletown police say John Fugate died at a hospital in Dayton after he hit his head on the concrete floor early Saturday. Police Maj. Scott Reeve tells the Hamilton-Middletown Journal-News that initial investigation indicates that Fugate was punched.
Reeve says police are investigating and will present the case for Butler County grand jury consideration when they are finished.
Friends say Fugate was a musician who booked bands at the Old Crow Bar in Middletown.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead