ELKHART, Ind. (AP) — Police in northern Indiana say a suspected bank robber was shot by officers following a chase through city streets.
Elkhart Police Chief Ed Windbigler says the wounded man was taken to a hospital but didn’t give details about how seriously he was hurt in the Thursday afternoon shooting.
Windbigler says officers chased a car fleeing from a robbery at a 1st Source Bank branch. Those in the car tried to run away after it ran over stop sticks.
The chief says one person was apprehended a couple blocks away but another person ended up in a confrontation with officers during which he was shot. Details about the confrontation weren’t immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- 'Mitt Romney Republican' is now a potent GOP primary attack
- Officer suspended for off-duty actions at abortion protest