DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — A woman has been accused of shooting two of her children in the head in Ohio and has been arrested.
Police say an 8-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy were shot Thursday morning and are hospitalized in critical condition. An 11-year-old daughter at the Dayton home at the time was unharmed.
Police Chief Richard Biehl says the woman shot the children inside the home and then took them outside, where police and emergency crews found them in the front yard. A firearm was taken from the home.
Police say there are indications the mother has mental health issues but it hasn’t been determined why the children were shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- One scandal too many: British PM Boris Johnson resigns
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Cancer drug greatly reduces deaths in hospitalized COVID patients
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
The police chief says detectives will be conferring with the Montgomery county prosecutors about criminal charges against her.