ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) — Police in Roswell have arrested a man who’s suspected of fatally shooting his girlfriend’s brother.
They say 33-year-old Michael Anthony Herrera turned himself in to police, who were looking for him in connection with the death of 26-year-old Jared Analla.
Police say Analla was found dead in his family’s home Friday night. He shared the house with his mother and sister.
Investigators say Herrera went to the house intending to shoot his girlfriend and another man who allegedly was having a relationship with her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors
But when Herrera arrived at the house, Analla was the only one home. Investigators believe the two men talked before the shooting occurred.
Police say Herrera is being held on suspicion of an open count of murder, attempt to commit a felony and tampering with evidence.