CHESAPEAKE, Va. (AP) — Police in Chesapeake say a driver and a pedestrian have been killed in a single-car accident.
The Virginian-Pilot reports Chesapeake police initially reported a Jaguar with two people inside left the road and hit a tree.
Then police said after further investigation it was determined that a woman was struck by the car, which didn’t have a passenger, before the vehicle hit the tree.
The newspaper reports both died at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com