CHESAPEAKE, Va. (AP) — Police in Chesapeake say a driver and a pedestrian have been killed in a single-car accident.
The Virginian-Pilot reports Chesapeake police initially reported a Jaguar with two people inside left the road and hit a tree.
Then police said after further investigation it was determined that a woman was struck by the car, which didn’t have a passenger, before the vehicle hit the tree.
The newspaper reports both died at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com