CHESAPEAKE, Va. (AP) — Police in Chesapeake say a driver and a pedestrian have been killed in a single-car accident.
The Virginian-Pilot reports Chesapeake police initially reported a Jaguar with two people inside left the road and hit a tree.
Then police said after further investigation it was determined that a woman was struck by the car, which didn’t have a passenger, before the vehicle hit the tree.
The newspaper reports both died at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com