AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Police say a trespasser at an Ohio burial vault business tried unsuccessfully to cremate a corpse.
Police say the break-in at Akron Burial Vault happened late Tuesday or early Wednesday.
A body that had been in a cardboard cremation container was found on the floor. Business owner Martin Ebie told WKYC-TV the body toppled out of the container after someone tried to push it into the oven.
An employee called police after discovering the disturbance Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
The company makes concrete burial vaults and also has a crematory.