WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a body found on the ground in a Waterloo cemetery has been identified as that of a missing Waterloo woman.
The body of 40-year-old Lakisha Williams was found around 3 p.m. Friday in a remote area of Garden of Memories cemetery. Her mother had reported her missing Thursday. She was last seen around 5 p.m. Jan. 20 near her apartment.
Police say Williams’ death is suspicious.
Her husband is being held in St. Paul, Minnesota, on a warrant charging him with being a fugitive from justice. Iowa court records don’t list other new charges against him, nor the name of an attorney who could comment for him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
Iowa records indicate he’s served prison time for burglary, robbery and weapons crimes.