WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a body found on the ground in a Waterloo cemetery has been identified as that of a missing Waterloo woman.
The body of 40-year-old Lakisha Williams was found around 3 p.m. Friday in a remote area of Garden of Memories cemetery. Her mother had reported her missing Thursday. She was last seen around 5 p.m. Jan. 20 near her apartment.
Police say Williams’ death is suspicious.
Her husband is being held in St. Paul, Minnesota, on a warrant charging him with being a fugitive from justice. Iowa court records don’t list other new charges against him, nor the name of an attorney who could comment for him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Trump says summit with Putin was 'even better' than NATO meeting; Republicans criticize his Helsinki comments
Iowa records indicate he’s served prison time for burglary, robbery and weapons crimes.