WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a body found on the ground in a Waterloo cemetery has been identified as that of a missing Waterloo woman.
The body of 40-year-old Lakisha Williams was found around 3 p.m. Friday in a remote area of Garden of Memories cemetery. Her mother had reported her missing Thursday. She was last seen around 5 p.m. Jan. 20 near her apartment.
Police say Williams’ death is suspicious.
Her husband is being held in St. Paul, Minnesota, on a warrant charging him with being a fugitive from justice. Iowa court records don’t list other new charges against him, nor the name of an attorney who could comment for him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Iowa records indicate he’s served prison time for burglary, robbery and weapons crimes.