WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a body found on the ground in a Waterloo cemetery has been identified as that of a missing Waterloo woman.
The body of 40-year-old Lakisha Williams was found around 3 p.m. Friday in a remote area of Garden of Memories cemetery. Her mother had reported her missing Thursday. She was last seen around 5 p.m. Jan. 20 near her apartment.
Police say Williams’ death is suspicious.
Her husband is being held in St. Paul, Minnesota, on a warrant charging him with being a fugitive from justice. Iowa court records don’t list other new charges against him, nor the name of an attorney who could comment for him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Iowa records indicate he’s served prison time for burglary, robbery and weapons crimes.