DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Police in Bahrain say four people have been killed and some 20 others were injured when a building collapsed in the island kingdom.
The Interior Ministry said that an “old building” collapsed Tuesday in Salmaniya, a neighborhood of Bahrain’s capital, Manama.
The two-story residential building reportedly housed foreign laborers.
Police said the injuries were “medium and serious,” without elaborating, and that 60 rescuers with firetrucks and ambulances responded.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Analysis: French anger shifts from pension law to focus on Macron
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- COVID's still out there. Here's what to do if you get it now.
- Should you get another COVID booster?
- Stolen valor: The U.S. volunteers in Ukraine who lie, waste and bicker
The police updated the casualty figures Wednesday on Twitter, saying that three bodies were retrieved at the site, while one victim died at a hospital.