NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nev. (AP) — Police say a 39-year-old man tried to rob a North Las Vegas casino cashier, but was captured on foot nearby.
North Las Vegas police Officer Aaron Patty says Michael David McDonald was unarmed but had about $7,400 he allegedly stole when he was caught about 4 p.m. Thursday outside Aliante Station casino.
Records showed that McDonald was being held at the Las Vegas city jail pending a court appearance on felony drug and robbery charges. He is expected to have a lawyer appointed to his case at that time.
Aliante Station is about 12 miles (19.3 kilometers) north of the Las Vegas Strip, where casinos have been hit by a rash of robberies in recent weeks.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
Patty says McDonald is not believed to be a suspect in those cases.