SUITLAND, Md. (AP) — Police say human remains discovered months ago along a highway in a Washington, D.C. suburb have been identified as a missing man.
Metropolitan police tell news outlets in a report that 22-year-old Marty William McMillan Jr. was shot multiple times. Police say his remains were discovered Oct. 30 in Prince George’s County, Maryland and that Thursday would have been his 23rd birthday.
Police say McMillan was reported missing from Washington in April after he went out for a date with a woman he met on PlentyOfFish, an online dating service.
Police say a homicide investigation is underway. No arrests have been made.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'Tase me, and you'll see what happens,' an American Airlines flier said. Police did — 10 times.
- The gaping hole in Sean Hannity's story about being Michael Cohen's client | Analysis
- Deputy: Man threw exercise weight, fatally striking girl, 2
- Waffle House slaying suspect arrested after massive manhunt VIEW
- He froze to death inside a multimillion-dollar town house — and now the state is investigating