SUITLAND, Md. (AP) — Police say human remains discovered months ago along a highway in a Washington, D.C. suburb have been identified as a missing man.
Metropolitan police tell news outlets in a report that 22-year-old Marty William McMillan Jr. was shot multiple times. Police say his remains were discovered Oct. 30 in Prince George’s County, Maryland and that Thursday would have been his 23rd birthday.
Police say McMillan was reported missing from Washington in April after he went out for a date with a woman he met on PlentyOfFish, an online dating service.
Police say a homicide investigation is underway. No arrests have been made.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's Women's March: How it unfolded
- Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opening to the public VIEW
- The WSU community comes out in full force to honor Tyler Hilinski in a candlelight vigil VIEW
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- Renewal and resistance in Seattle — thousands take to streets for Women’s March WATCH