SUITLAND, Md. (AP) — Police say human remains discovered months ago along a highway in a Washington, D.C. suburb have been identified as a missing man.
Metropolitan police tell news outlets in a report that 22-year-old Marty William McMillan Jr. was shot multiple times. Police say his remains were discovered Oct. 30 in Prince George’s County, Maryland and that Thursday would have been his 23rd birthday.
Police say McMillan was reported missing from Washington in April after he went out for a date with a woman he met on PlentyOfFish, an online dating service.
Police say a homicide investigation is underway. No arrests have been made.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH