SUITLAND, Md. (AP) — Police say human remains discovered months ago along a highway in a Washington, D.C. suburb have been identified as a missing man.
Metropolitan police tell news outlets in a report that 22-year-old Marty William McMillan Jr. was shot multiple times. Police say his remains were discovered Oct. 30 in Prince George’s County, Maryland and that Thursday would have been his 23rd birthday.
Police say McMillan was reported missing from Washington in April after he went out for a date with a woman he met on PlentyOfFish, an online dating service.
Police say a homicide investigation is underway. No arrests have been made.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW