SUITLAND, Md. (AP) — Police say human remains discovered months ago along a highway in a Washington, D.C. suburb have been identified as a missing man.
Metropolitan police tell news outlets in a report that 22-year-old Marty William McMillan Jr. was shot multiple times. Police say his remains were discovered Oct. 30 in Prince George’s County, Maryland and that Thursday would have been his 23rd birthday.
Police say McMillan was reported missing from Washington in April after he went out for a date with a woman he met on PlentyOfFish, an online dating service.
Police say a homicide investigation is underway. No arrests have been made.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Kushner paid almost no taxes for years, documents show
- With genetic-identity registries, it’s the end of anonymity as we know it
- ‘No way to even ask for help’: Florida Panhandle residents desperate for food and shelter VIEW
- Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting