COVENTRY, R.I. (AP) — Police in Coventry, Rhode Island have released the name of a father and son who were killed in a house fire on Friday night.
Police say 47-year-old Edward Lorenzen and his 4-year-old son, Michael, were found dead in the home on Colonial Road.
Police say 13-year-old Zacheri Lorenzen was able to grab his 2-year-old sister and escape the flames.
Authorities have not said how the fire started, but say it does not appear to be arson.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
They say there were apparently no working smoke detectors in the home.