PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Two twin boys are recovering at a Rhode Island hospital after police say their mother threw the toddlers out of a first-floor window at their apartment in Providence.
Thirty-seven-year-old Benita Barbour was held Monday after being arraigned on charges of disorderly conduct in Providence District Court.
Police say a neighbor reported to the state Department of Children, Youth and Families that she saw Barbour toss both of her 2-year-old boys out of a window onto a front porch.
Some of the incident was captured on video and turned over to authorities.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Police say officers investigating the incident encountered an intoxicated Barbour. They reported she showed no remorse at the scene.
It’s unclear if Barbour has an attorney who can comment. Police may bring additional charges against her.