MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Police say a pregnant woman was kicked in the stomach and cut with a knife during an attack in Alabama.
Police spokeswoman Charlotte Solis in the southern Alabama city of Mobile tells AL.com that the victim told officers that a verbal argument with a woman she knew escalated Tuesday morning.
Solis says the woman cut the pregnant woman with a pocket knife, sat on her stomach and hit her in the face. Police said a man also kicked the pregnant woman in the stomach and brandished a gun.
Police spoke with the victim at a hospital Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
Police have not disclosed the condition of the pregnant woman and fetus. No arrests have been announced.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews