MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Police say a pregnant woman was kicked in the stomach and cut with a knife during an attack in Alabama.
Police spokeswoman Charlotte Solis in the southern Alabama city of Mobile tells AL.com that the victim told officers that a verbal argument with a woman she knew escalated Tuesday morning.
Solis says the woman cut the pregnant woman with a pocket knife, sat on her stomach and hit her in the face. Police said a man also kicked the pregnant woman in the stomach and brandished a gun.
Police spoke with the victim at a hospital Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
Police have not disclosed the condition of the pregnant woman and fetus. No arrests have been announced.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews