MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Police say a pregnant woman was kicked in the stomach and cut with a knife during an attack in Alabama.
Police spokeswoman Charlotte Solis in the southern Alabama city of Mobile tells AL.com that the victim told officers that a verbal argument with a woman she knew escalated Tuesday morning.
Solis says the woman cut the pregnant woman with a pocket knife, sat on her stomach and hit her in the face. Police said a man also kicked the pregnant woman in the stomach and brandished a gun.
Police spoke with the victim at a hospital Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
Police have not disclosed the condition of the pregnant woman and fetus. No arrests have been announced.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews