WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (AP) — Police in suburban Salt Lake City are looking for suspects in the killing of a 15-year-old boy who was fatally shot in a van with several friends after they were chased through traffic by another group of teenagers.
West Valley City Police said Friday the suspect’s vehicle appeared to be a silver or gold colored Mitsubishi or similar vehicle.
The driver opened fire when the 15-year-old driving the van had to slow down due to traffic after being chased on the Bangerter Highway at about 9:45 p.m. Thursday.
The victim, identified as Irving Alexis Chuba, was struck by at least one bullet. A dog in the van also died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
The van then collided with another vehicle but no one else was seriously injured.
A portion of the freeway was shut down as police investigated near 4100 South Bangerter.