SEAL BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say about 50 people inside a large party bus were detained and questioned after a few of them beat up and robbed a store clerk.
The Los Angeles Times reports Seal Beach police officers responded to reports of a robbery Saturday night at a CVS pharmacy.
Seal Beach Police Sgt. Mike Henderson says the victim claims several people exited a party bus, surrounded him and began to strike him.
Henderson says the suspects stole personal property from the victim and fled the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Henderson says the Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Cypress and Los Alamitos police departments helped the Seal Beach officers detain the suspects.
An investigation is underway.
Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com/