TOWSON, Md. (AP) — Police in Maryland say they’re investigating an arrest during which an officer punched a 19-year-old outside a bar.
Bystander video posted on YouTube shows three officers struggling with 19-year-old Zachary Blumenstein of Chevy Chase early Saturday. One punches him.
Baltimore County police Chief Jim Johnson said Sunday in a statement that he’ll review the incident, but his initial reaction was that other techniques “could have been more effective.”
The statement says an officer saw Blumenstein push a man into the road. Police say the officer told Blumstein he was under arrest, but he resisted even after an officer used pepper spray.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- What you need to know about the CDC's new mask guidance
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
Police say Blumenstein was charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and other offenses, and then released.
A message left at a number listed for Blumenstein’s address wasn’t immediately returned.
The name of the officer who punched Blumenstein hasn’t been released.