TOWSON, Md. (AP) — Police in Maryland say they’re investigating an arrest during which an officer punched a 19-year-old outside a bar.
Bystander video posted on YouTube shows three officers struggling with 19-year-old Zachary Blumenstein of Chevy Chase early Saturday. One punches him.
Baltimore County police Chief Jim Johnson said Sunday in a statement that he’ll review the incident, but his initial reaction was that other techniques “could have been more effective.”
The statement says an officer saw Blumenstein push a man into the road. Police say the officer told Blumstein he was under arrest, but he resisted even after an officer used pepper spray.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Woman gets pregnant while already pregnant, gives birth to twins conceived 3 weeks apart
- Philip, defined by role of husband to British queen, dies
- J&J COVID vaccine reviewed by EU regulator after blood clots
- The era of overzealous coronavirus cleaning can finally end
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
Police say Blumenstein was charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and other offenses, and then released.
A message left at a number listed for Blumenstein’s address wasn’t immediately returned.
The name of the officer who punched Blumenstein hasn’t been released.