OWENSBORO, Ky. (AP) — Police say a law enforcement officer in western Kentucky fatally shot an armed man who fled into a wooded area while officers were investigating a burglary call.
Kentucky State Police said state police, Owensboro police and the Daviess County sheriff’s office responded Thursday afternoon and searched the area in western Daviess County.
Police said the person was found within about 15 minutes and told to surrender. A news release from state police says he knelt and an officer prepared to use a Taser. The person then raised a firearm in the officers’ direction, and a different officer fired a rifle, hitting the person. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No additional information has been released.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’ | National politics
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world