NEW YORK (AP) — Police have nabbed two men in connection with the hit-and-run of an officer in Times Square.
Police said Wednesday that 20-year-old Arfhy Santos and 24-year-old William Lopez were involved in the incident Saturday night which was caught on video .
Police say the officer attempted to stop a vehicle which was driving recklessly, but the vehicle knocked the officer to the ground as it fled the scene. The officer was treated for minor injuries.
Police tell WABC-TV that Santos is believed to be the driver and Lopez was a passenger. It wasn’t clear if the two had lawyers who could comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Information from: WABC-TV, http://www.7online.com