NEW YORK (AP) — Police have nabbed two men in connection with the hit-and-run of an officer in Times Square.
Police said Wednesday that 20-year-old Arfhy Santos and 24-year-old William Lopez were involved in the incident Saturday night which was caught on video .
Police say the officer attempted to stop a vehicle which was driving recklessly, but the vehicle knocked the officer to the ground as it fled the scene. The officer was treated for minor injuries.
Police tell WABC-TV that Santos is believed to be the driver and Lopez was a passenger. It wasn’t clear if the two had lawyers who could comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
Information from: WABC-TV, http://www.7online.com