NEW YORK (AP) — Police have nabbed two men in connection with the hit-and-run of an officer in Times Square.
Police said Wednesday that 20-year-old Arfhy Santos and 24-year-old William Lopez were involved in the incident Saturday night which was caught on video .
Police say the officer attempted to stop a vehicle which was driving recklessly, but the vehicle knocked the officer to the ground as it fled the scene. The officer was treated for minor injuries.
Police tell WABC-TV that Santos is believed to be the driver and Lopez was a passenger. It wasn’t clear if the two had lawyers who could comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Information from: WABC-TV, http://www.7online.com