COOLIN, Idaho — Authorities say Bonner County sheriff’s deputies in northern Idaho shot and killed an adult male while attempting to serve a felony arrest warrant.
Officials say the shooting at about 9 a.m. Tuesday occurred near the community of Coolin at the southern end of Priest Lake.
Idaho State Police in a news release say the man was armed and exhibited hostile behavior, causing deputies to open fire.
Police say the man received medical attention but died in a ground ambulance on the way to meet an air ambulance. His name and age haven’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A wolflike creature was stalking livestock in Montana. Authorities have no idea what it is.
- Driver rams into 3 on Portland, Oregon, sidewalk; 1 critical VIEW
- Lava from Hawaii volcano enters ocean from 3 flows VIEW
- Sheriff: High school athletes tried to rape teen with mop
- Trump cancels summit with Kim; North Korea still wants talks VIEW
The Idaho State Police are leading an investigation by the North Idaho Critical Incident Task Force.