COOLIN, Idaho — Authorities say Bonner County sheriff’s deputies in northern Idaho shot and killed an adult male while attempting to serve a felony arrest warrant.
Officials say the shooting at about 9 a.m. Tuesday occurred near the community of Coolin at the southern end of Priest Lake.
Idaho State Police in a news release say the man was armed and exhibited hostile behavior, causing deputies to open fire.
Police say the man received medical attention but died in a ground ambulance on the way to meet an air ambulance. His name and age haven’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
The Idaho State Police are leading an investigation by the North Idaho Critical Incident Task Force.