COOLIN, Idaho — Authorities say Bonner County sheriff’s deputies in northern Idaho shot and killed an adult male while attempting to serve a felony arrest warrant.
Officials say the shooting at about 9 a.m. Tuesday occurred near the community of Coolin at the southern end of Priest Lake.
Idaho State Police in a news release say the man was armed and exhibited hostile behavior, causing deputies to open fire.
Police say the man received medical attention but died in a ground ambulance on the way to meet an air ambulance. His name and age haven’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
The Idaho State Police are leading an investigation by the North Idaho Critical Incident Task Force.