COOLIN, Idaho — Authorities say Bonner County sheriff’s deputies in northern Idaho shot and killed an adult male while attempting to serve a felony arrest warrant.
Officials say the shooting at about 9 a.m. Tuesday occurred near the community of Coolin at the southern end of Priest Lake.
Idaho State Police in a news release say the man was armed and exhibited hostile behavior, causing deputies to open fire.
Police say the man received medical attention but died in a ground ambulance on the way to meet an air ambulance. His name and age haven’t been released.
Most Read Stories
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- Seattle federal prosecutor Thomas Wales was possibly killed by hired gunman, FBI official says
- Seattle-area's cold snap to last with spring still a month away, weather service says
- Unlimited movie-theater deal could be too good to survive
- All of Seattle’s public high school students to get unlimited ORCA passes under new Durkan plan WATCH
The Idaho State Police are leading an investigation by the North Idaho Critical Incident Task Force.