COOLIN, Idaho — Authorities say Bonner County sheriff’s deputies in northern Idaho shot and killed an adult male while attempting to serve a felony arrest warrant.
Officials say the shooting at about 9 a.m. Tuesday occurred near the community of Coolin at the southern end of Priest Lake.
Idaho State Police in a news release say the man was armed and exhibited hostile behavior, causing deputies to open fire.
Police say the man received medical attention but died in a ground ambulance on the way to meet an air ambulance. His name and age haven’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Sally Hemings gets her due at Monticello
- Gunfire erupts at New Jersey arts festival; 22 wounded VIEW
- Staff cuts at federal prisons have teachers, nurses guarding inmates
- 7-meter-long python swallows Indonesian woman
The Idaho State Police are leading an investigation by the North Idaho Critical Incident Task Force.